Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 9 in the land of Russia.

Hello my favorite family!

What a crazy week. We spent most of the week in Samara on exchanges with the NEW SISTER leaders. I am so excited to work with them. I learned so much from them this week. My desire to work harder and to be better increased significantly. They told me how impressed they were by my energy, my desire to serve, and my courage to talk to people everywhere--ESPECIALLY on top of being sick. I want so much to find the people who are praying for Heavenly Father to help them. The great message I carry, WILL help them. I know without a doubt because It has blessed my life so much. I am beyond grateful to have been raised and taught what I have been taught. I am very thankful for the chance I have to share my testimony of our Father in Heaven everyday to the people of Russia. I know as I work hard and as I carry the Spirit with me--lives will be changed for the better.
Since I was in Samara, President Sartori wanted to meet with me to see how everything has been going with my sickness and all. He told me that he really wants to figure everything out, and he feels I need to go to the Hospital and get an examination if things don't start getting better in the next few days after I taken the pills to kill the parasite. I have taken the pills and am feeling a little better. I am still feeling weak and very nauseated, but it is getting better. He gave me some incredible advice. I know that he is called of God. I know that he is my mission president for a reason. He has taught me so much these past few months. As we were talking he said, "Sister McCartt, I don't usually tell people before transfers, but I feel very prompted to tell you that I have been praying and feeling that you need to train next cycle." My heart stopped. ME--A TRAINER..my THIRD cycle?! As inadequate as I feel, I know that the Lord will bless me. He will help me do what he has called me to do. If he needs me to train a new missionary next cycle then I am willing and ready. I received so wonderful advice from Ryan. He said, "Don't worry though it will work out, don't fear. Remember in D&C 84:88. "88 And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." I know he will be right there with me will be there with me ready to help me. Thanks for the advice, Ry! I know he will help me, every step. It is still not set in stone that I will be training next cycle. President said we have four weeks before next cycle to figure out my health and then he will take it to the Lord once more. I know whatever my next cycle turns out to be, it is what the Lord needs me to do.I was blessed with an awesome trainer who pushed me to work my hardest. She told me from day one that she was training me to train so that if I was asked to train my 3rd cycle, I would be ready. I know I won't be perfectly ready, but I know that the Lord will help me. I know he will help me speak and learn Russian and I know he will help me become all he needs me to be. I am thankful for this chance to serve him!

Please keep praying for my health! I hope I will be feeling better very soon so I won't have to go to the hospital!

Thanks for your prayers! I feel them everyday! I love this work, even if it pushes me everyday! I love you and think about you daily!


Love always,
Devy
Sister Devynn McCartt


                                       
So an investigator of the elders gave us these outfits yesterday and we tried them on! .... I''m not sure they're missionary appropriate... hahaha

                                      

                                   
                                                       Our district on sport's night

                                   
                                                              Us and Tatiana

No comments:

Post a Comment