Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 11 in Russia!

What a crazy crazy week! So much happened, I cannot even think about what to write about today. This week felt like it was a year long. Sister Young and I had a great companionship inventory. Comp inventories are awesome, I want to do them with my husband when I get married. Your companionship is able to see strengths in you that sometimes you don't see. She told me that I am one of the most diligent people she knows. She told me that when I came in as a missionary, I was already an incredible missionary with my eye single to God. She said I came in ready to fight. She told me that she has never seen a more ready missionary. I came in like I was already on my 7th cycle. She told me that she has pushed me harder than any of her trainees because I have exceeded her expectations again and again. She told me that I am a leader, and if i train next cycle, my trainee would be so blessed to have me as her trainer. I am so thankful for Sister Young's kind words of support and reassurance that I am here doing what the Lord wants me to be. I need to work on seeing my strength. I know my mission is preparing me for the future. I know I will learn things that will be of great benefit to me in my life. Every blessing I have received since I have been on my mission talks about how this mission will help give me strength to do things in the future. I am grateful for this experience to be here. It is hard, but so worth it! I am so happy to be a missionary. I have grown so much in the past 4 1/2 months, it is insane. I am still crazy Devynn, but I am better. I becoming who my Father wants and needs me to be.

It is incredible that as we work our hardest and give everything we have, we began to see the fruits of our labors. I really saw that this week. We were teaching a less active on Saturday.We helped him quit drinking and smoking. He just recently became active and was even passing the Sacrament on Sunday!! As we were teaching Igar, one of our investigators walked by! We ended up having a lesson with him and Igar on the Word of Wisdom (WOW). It was amazing to see Igar testify of the strength he receives when he follows the WOW.
Please continue to pray for the Starstena family! It has been such a miracle. The son who committed suicide, WOKE up. He is still very injured with a crushed skull and two broken legs, but oh the faith of the members here! They have been taking turns fasting each day for him. Keep him in your prayers! My faith has increased significantly as I have seen the members work together and support one another.
Well, I hope you have a fabulous week! Keep working hard and remember that the Lord loves you! Times will be hard and very challenging, but as we give the Lord our burdens, we WILL receive strength. I do every day.
I love you,
Devynn
Sister McCartt



The Russians ALWAYS question where I am from because they tell me I have too nice of a smile to be from Russia. hahaha






This is Masha. We were just goofing off at Family night. I love LOVE the people here :)












Our ward building :)





A member and I. Her name is Galya. She always helps us on lessons!





Sister young and I matched that day :)






These are the "taxi vans" we ride in!





Sister Young and I did a service project on for a lady at her country house! It was sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment