Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 15



Hey everyone,

I just heard some hard news from back at home. I am a little weighed down right now and the internet is being VERY funky so this e-mail may not be too long.

I want to share with you some thoughts that Sister Young left me on our exchange this week. It reminded me a lot about the letter I received from dad. I was really frustrated with myself because I was experiencing challenging moments and feeling very weak. I now know without a doubt that as we endure these challenges well: we will be strengthened. Sometimes we have these "shades" on and all we see is darkness or at least everything around us is in a darker shade. At that time, we may not see a glowing exit sign that can lead us to an exit with light. We come to these moments in our life so that we can completely and more full heatedly rely on the Lord instead of our worldly senses like sight. If we didn't have these times-- we would never know what it feels like to be completely vulnerable and yet still put ALL your trust in Him. These are the moments in life that we will always remember.These are the times that you really came to know God and you know what the true definition of sacrifice and what true happiness is. Treasure these moments and take the learning opportunity that the Lord is blessing you with. YES, i said blessing. I have grown to know this more and more each day on my mission. Each trial, I have grown. Each trial, I have received strength. Each trial gives me more want to share the peace that I feel because of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for Him. I want the whole world to know that they too can feel that peace!

Our miracle last week, Daniel is amazing! We had an incredible lesson with him, where I was able to help him throw his cigarettes away. I know the spirit guided me and I know it was the spirit talking. Never in

my life have I felt the spirit work through me as I answered his questions. He came to church and loved it! I will update you more on him next week :)

My eye is healing! It was just an accident. We were playing ultimate frisbee and I went to catch the frisbee in the goal line and smacked my face on the pole! BUT I caught it! That is all that matters, right? :)

I love you all so much,

love,

dev






This describes our companionship!





This describes our companionship!





I am not sure, just us! :)





This is my bedtime attire every night because my companion loves the AC. It's okay because I love snuggling up in my blanket and pillows! 1. BIG HOODIE, SWEATS, AND WOOL SOCKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment