Tuesday, August 27, 2013

6 MONTHS!


Have you ever been asked if your teeth are your own or fake? ONLY IN RUSSIA! Have you ever walked passed a man lying flat on the ground wondering if he is dead or just past out because of too much Vodka? ONLY IN RUSSIA! Have you ever stopped to help a drunk man who has decided to take a comfortable sit in the middle of a busy highway? ONLY IN RUSSIA! Have you ever thought that it would be totally acceptable to pee in public at any time or any place? ONLY IN RUSSIA! (I've walked by over 50 or 60 people peeing in public since I came here).Have you ever felt so hated BUT yet so loved? That's A MISSION for you. Many days we get cursed at, pushed away, and glared at. Many times a day do I get told that I am a part of a cult, but many more times a day I get smiled at;many more times a day do I receive hugs, and a "thanks for talking with me". That's what this work is all about. Giving your all to just help lift someone's day and to help them know that they are loved. This work is amazing, and these people are so loving. Sometimes you have to shuffle through the not so kind people to find those that are willing to listen.


We have been seeing many miracles in Penza. I met this incredible young girl on a bus who has been open to listen. She told me that she knows it is not by chance that we met. Our first lesson we gave her a Book of Mormon, and she told us she would read it. I also had the blessing on helping on a lesson with one of the Elders' investigators on Sunday. She is a member referral and wow, Heavenly Father has prepared her to know of the truthfulness of this gospel. In just 3 weeks, she has read to Alma in the Book of Mormon, and has the strongest desire to be baptized. On Sunday, we asked her to be baptized on September 8th. Excitedly, she accepted. Even though she isn't my investigator, I am beyond happy. It doesn't matter if I am her missionary or not--the happiness comes because I know that she is taking the right steps to returning home to her Father in Heaven. This work is REAL, and these people are REAL sons and daughters of our Father in Heaven. I know that the Lord is preparing His children to accept our message, we just need to find them. They are out there!


I will be staying Penza for at least one more cycle to finish training Sister Henriksen. I am excited to work our butts off this next cycle :)


As for an update on the boy who jumped out of the window. He is seeing incredible miracles. They thought he would not be able to seee, but just yesterday for 30 seconds..he saw everything and then it went dark. It gives us great hope that he will see again!


This gospel is true! I know it with my whole heart because I have prayed about it and asked for myself. I have grown and become such a better daughter of my Heavenly Father. Each day I find weaknesses, and each day I try to improve them. I love this work even if it is hard. The hard it is, the better it is for me :)


I will be emailing next Tuesday because of our Zone Conference.


I love you all!
Dev



Speaking Russian :)



This defines us.





My new Russian shirt and shoes. You likey?!





Some yummy ranch chicken meal





Happy 6 month mark CELEBRATION. I couldn't have been happier :)


Yeah, we're cool





LOVE THE VIEW





Majority of the cars look like this :)





Some random Russian path





Our district :)



No comments:

Post a Comment