Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 14!

Hello everyone :)

I know I say this every week, but WHAT A WEEK. I don't think I have ever worked so hard in my entire life. By the end of the day and after listening and speaking Russian all day, my brain has pure mush. I have never slept better in my life because at the end of each night I know that I have given my all. We have seen the miracles just flashing before our eyes, and I am so thankful. Although, I have not seen a baptism yet, I know I am helping these people. Today, my district leader, Elder Campbell told me that when we were all on a bus heading home from church-- he saw me talking to a lady. He told me that after I left, she just couldn't stop smiling. He told me that it was really cool to see the affect we have on people even if they don't want to hear our message. It really touched me to hear that I was making a difference. That's what I want to do more than anything. Of course, I am working hard to find, teach, and baptized because that is why I am here. BUT I am also here to help these people to have hope, to help them realize that they are loved by a Heavenly Father, and to help them realize that they ARE important. I can't tell you how many people I talk to that tell me that they don't feel loved or important. It breaks my heart. I love these people with my whole heart. I want to help each of my brothers and sisters here in Russia to have hope and to feel loved.

Yesterday was a hard day for me. I am not sure why. I was VERY exhausted, and then that just leads to you feeling very weighed do. I am not sure why, but I just felt a lot of weight on my shoulders. During the passing of Sacrament, I just plead with Heavenly Father to give me that strength that I needed to do more. I just felt very unsuccessful, but I am not sure why because I have seen so many miracles this week. I told Him that I was willing to work hard, to give more of myself, and to strive to be better--I just needed the strength to be able to do all that for Him. I still felt weighed down throughout the day, but I just kept pushing forward. It was incredible how yesterday, we were so guided by the Spirit to come in contact with the very person we needed to. We were walking and contacting to a less actives house, when a young man (late 20's) approached us and asked what we were talking about with people. I didn't understand him at first because I wasn't listening so I said, "kak?" (what?) He just kind of walked away, but then turned around and started talking to us again. I know God sent him to us so we could help him receive the answers he is looking for in life. He is very believing, but is looking for more. WE HAVE MORE FOR HIM! We found a bench and ended up teaching him a lesson, gave him the Book of Mormon, and set up another day to meet with him this week. He told us, he would start reading tonight! I know that Father in Heaven heard my pleas that day. I know that he guided us to Данил (Daniel). I pray that he will continue to want to learn more!

I know without a doubt that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us. He knows us better than we know ourselves. In life we experience heartaches, bigger trials than we think we can handle, and heartbreaks. I have learned this more here than I ever thought I would. BUT I know that the Lord knows better than I. When we experience hard trials, it is ONLY for our benefit. I am grateful to know that all will be well.

I love you. Thank you for your love and support. I feel your prayers.

Mom- thank you for the update on the family. Tell Cole, Ethan, and Jared that I will write them next week. I loved there emails.

Daddy- I love you so much. I can't tell you how much I loved your email last week. It gave me more strength than you will ever know. I love you daddy. I am thankful to have a dad like you in my life. You are the best of the best!

LOVE YOUR FAVORITE LEFTY DAUGHTER.
Devynn

BY THE WAY, my eye is okay :) it is healing great!






. Sweet investigator gave us these delicious cucumbers and apples all from her garden :)






Beautiful view!





First week together!





YEP, i got a black eye! It is a great conversation starter with people :) AND it didn't hurt too bad.






Can't see it too well, but man it hurts! My whole check bone was swollen!





Sister Henriksen and I





My dear grandma katya and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment