Tuesday, August 27, 2013

10th week!

My goodness, what a week. It is incredible how so much can happen in one week. I experienced so much joy and so much sorrow this week. As a missionary, you open your heart and just love everyone. It is hard not to love the people you serve. This week as a mission, we fasted to see baptismal conversion. On the day we were fasting, we met with Tatiana. Our wonderful investigator. We prayed and felt strongly that we needed to talk to her about Temples. (Her son was murdered and she wants more than anything to go to the temple). We bore testimony of the temple. We explained to her that if she wants to go to the temple, she first needs to be baptized. We asked her to be baptized. She told us like before, "I am not ready. I can't change churches." The spirit pushed us again to ask her. When we asked her she used another excuse that her foot was hurt. We promised her that her foot would be healed and she would be able to get baptized. She said, "Okay, if my foot is healed then I will! I will get baptized." We were all in tears as we sat there. I am thankful for the Spirit that was there with us as we taught. I am grateful for temples, and that I get to be with my wonderful family and future family for all eternity. Satan has been working really hard on Tatiana, but we are doing all we can to have her ready for baptism on July 6.

Some hard things happened this week. A young man in our ward committed suicide. He has been having some troubles, and he just wasn't himself almost like something had taken over his body. It is Irena's son (She goes out with us every Sunday. She is so faithful and wonderful). My heart has been broken, but I know that all will work out. Please pray for the Starastena Family. That they will be able to truly apply the Atonement to their lives. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is REAL. I know that Jesus Christ feels my sorrow and my pain. I know that I can give my sorrow and pain to Him during my lowest days. I receive so much strength from my Savior. I am thankful for His willingness to die and suffer for each on of us.

My health is getting better. I went to the doctors and got an x-ray, ultrasound, and blood work. They found that my gull bladder is inflamed and infected. He gave me some medicine to help. They believe that it may have been caused by the parasite, but we will find out more information on Friday. I am feeling much better! Have no fear :)

I love you all so much! I am grateful for your prayers!
ALSO, happy father's day, daddy! You are the best of the best!
much love,
Devynn
Sister McCartt


These pictures are from our culture night last week. We went to a Russian Folk dance thing! It was amazing :)

                                                    

                                                    

                                           

                                         

                                                

                                               


No comments:

Post a Comment