Tuesday, August 27, 2013

12 weeks in Russia!!

Hey everyone!
Well my mind is all over the place right now. I am currently in Samara getting ready to meet my new Trainee on Wednesday. SO yes, I will be training a new missionary! CRAZY! I am very overwhelmed, but excited to work hard and give myself more to the Lord. It is hard to leave Sister Young, but I know I will grow an incredible amount as I am forced to be the leader. The key to missionary work is to work hard, have faith, and BE happy. I know as I focus on others, I will be able to do more of what the Lord needs me to do. I am His servant. I am HIS representative. I am HIS daughter, and wow, he loves me. I have never felt so much love from my Father in Heaven. I know I am loved and I know he will help me through anything! He always does!

I will be staying in my same area, Penza. I love Penza so much. It is crazy how time is just flying by right before my eyes. I am starting my 3rd cycle today and am coming up on my 5th month out on my mission THIS week. That is just insane to me. Right now, we have one young man preparing for baptism. He is only 21 years old and he is the son of one of our strongest members. His father has been praying for years that his son would come to accept the gospel, and we are some of the first missionaries he would ever meet with. When we meet, he is excited and very eager to be baptized, but when he leaves us that desire is hidden because of the friends he hangs out with. It is so challenging to be a member in Russia. We have only about 50 to 60 active members. Their testimonies have to be grounded and they have to standfast for what they believe. I have learned so much from their dedication and their example.

I am thankful for the trials that I experience because they build me up and make me stronger. I am learning things that I never imagined I would learn. I am thankful for this experience!

I love you all so much!
Until next week,
much love,
Devynn



Sister Young wanted to do "makeovers" after a long hard day of work!


My cute cute little Grandma Zenya and I



We just thought this would be a cool shot.




My first Russian dress! A lady in our ward gave it to me, you like it? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment