Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 8 in Russia!

I am low on energy this week so this email won't be too long. I have been having a rough time with my health lately, and we haven't known why. This week we discovered that I may have a parasite! Sister Young named him Gary! We blame everything on him! Every-time I wake up, eat, or do anything too crazy..I get very sick. I have still been working hard. We believe I caught/received the parasite my first couple of weeks here when we were getting dried apricot. The parasites/worms grow in dirt, and we didn't notice that inside the dried apricots were A LOT of dirt. Today we got half of the medicine I need. I have lost about ten pounds over the past 6 or so weeks (5 of the pounds I lost, I had gained in the MTC). I eat SO much and I was very confused how I could be losing weight! I hope by next week, I will be feeling MUCH better!

This week I also discovered how Ryan must feel when he showers in rain water! They turned off our hot water for a few days and then all of our water. I showered out of pots of water! I am too much of a girl in the morning so I often boil my water before showering. Thankfully, the water is back on. For the first couple of days, it was very muddy and brown, but now it is clear for the most part!

Even though I haven't been feeling well, I have tried my hardest to push through! The Lord has blessed me with strength! We now have seven progressing investigators! We had such a wonderful experience with our investigator, Julia. Last lesson, we taught her with the Elders on our exchange. We committed her to read the Book of Mormon. When we met with her on Thursday, she hadn't. Before I even said anything she said, "I know I have to read it if I want to learn for myself. I will." We had a wonderful lesson and promised her that if she reads, she would receive answers to her questions. Yesterday when I called her to see how she was doing, we found out she had read all the way up to Alma 43 ALREADY! I was in pure shock. She told us she hadn't received an answer yet, but knew that she would. I know she will. I am excited to see her progress!

I am grateful to be here in Russia. It is very challenging and the days are long. To answer your questions, mom. We get up at 630 pray and work out until 7. 700 to 800: we shower and eat breakfast. 8 to 9: personal study 9 to 10: companionship study 10 to 11: language study 11 to 12: training (i stop training on my 12th week) then lunch at 12 and out the door by 1pm. We try to teach 3 to 4 lessons a day, we knock, and we track a lot. We rarely eat at members' houses. My Russian is coming along slowly but surely! We are teaching about 15 or so people! Please keep our investigators, Julia and Tatiana in your prayers. I want so badly for them to come to know that they need to be baptized!

I love you all a lot!
Enjoy the pictures and I will talk to you next week! Keep my health in your prayers, please :)
love always,
Devynn
Sister McCartt


                                   
                            Sister Young and I with a new convert, Lena! She is awesome!

                                  
                                                                 Sports night :)

                                 
                                                         Our gypsy friends

                                
                                                      My Hill :) i LOVE IT

                                      
                                                Another with the gypsies

                          
                                    Making Russia's famous pancakes :)

                         
                                   We thought this wall looked cool :)
                         

                         
                                     Our Dima! Some very cool members!

                        
                                                 Us just being us :)

                        
                               Its not snow, its COTTON from the trees :)
                       


No comments:

Post a Comment