Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The 16th week


Hello to the best family in the world!

I am getting to that point where I am making horrible grammar errors with my English! I can't even form sentences in English properly. I am starting to speak like a Russian even in ENGLISH! My inflections are even like Russians! So I do apologize if sometimes my letters come out CRAZY and if my English is terrible! Dad, you'll just have to edit it for me. :)

This week absolutely flew by. I can barely remember what happened. Here are some good and bad highlights for the week! Remember our amazing miracle guy, Daniel who wanted to learn more and was reading the Book of Mormon? Well, he literally disappeared. We called his phone and his friend answered. He told us that Daniel got transferred and left for another city. We are heart broken that he disappeared because we wanted so much to help him, but we hope that he has gained enough of a testimony to keep searching. That has gotten us a little down, but I have been trying to remember that even when I experience disappointments, I need to keep working hard, smiling, and I can NEVER give up. I have found that it is so important to avoid being discouraged because it WILL weaken your faith. I experienced a cool miracle yesterday, a couple of weeks ago I had met this lady that was a conductor on a bus.I told her she was very beautiful. She was a little thrown off and told me that she has never thought that. We ended up having a wonderful conversation, but things got crazy on the bus so she had to go and take some payments. I didn't get a chance to get her number, but felt like I should have asked her! Well yesterday, We got on the bus she was working on! I have never been happier! We never take buses (I hate them because they are so slow), but I felt like we should. It is those small miracles that really help you notice that God is watching over us. What a blessing! I am calling her tonight to set up a time to meet!

I also finished the Book of Mormon the day before my 100 challenge was over!
Oh in other news, it has rained for over 14 days straight! I can't decide if that is better than being super hot! All I know is I am ready for so sun!

I remember always seeing the missionaries falling asleep in Sacrament. I use to always chuckle as I watched them fight to stay awake. NOW I know how they feel. I feel like that is my struggle every week to stay awake during church. I have never been so exhausted in my life, but it is a good exhaustion knowing that I am doing it for the Lord.

Mom and Dad, I want you to know how grateful I am for both of you. You are a large part of the reason that i am here in Russia serving my Father in Heaven. I can't tell you how much I love you and how grateful I am for your uplifting words. You always know exactly what I need to hear to help me keep going. I am so blessed to be your daughter. I am so blessed to have such an incredible family and to have such amazing friends that love and support me! I am so grateful for you example and for you love for our Savior. It radiates by your actions!

Sorry this letter is so random, but know that I love each one of you. I am praying for you all everyday! Keep smiling even when the days are long and hard!

I love you,
Devynn









Us with Galya! Young member who was baptized just over a year ago!





Sister Henriksen and I.





Lena and I. She is an incredible woman! I have grown to know and love her so much. Her and her family were baptized last November.





That's a little bit of Russia for you :)









Just missing the water on these summer days :)







Sometimes us missionaries need a little extra energy. Our district decided to all get one :)









. Sister Vera and I. I LOVE her.





Our district dinners






SISTER young and I reunited :)





Sister Henriksen and Sister Young.





The group :)





Sister Clyde and I. We went on exchanges :)



No comments:

Post a Comment