Monday, December 23, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MY DEAR WONDERFUL FAMILY!
MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
This email will be shorter than usually for several reasons. 1. I GET TO SEE YOU IN JUST A FEW DAYS. I can't tell you how excited and thrilled I am to SKYPE home. Again, I will be skyping at 11am (YOUR TIME) on Christmas Morning. I will be skyping from Devymac92. I will be skyping dad's account. If you forgot the password then have someone else add my account before Christmas morning. Then if Shea gets permission (MOM, PLEASE make sure you find out from her before we skype), I will be skyping her at 9 am her time. I can't believe it is already Christmas time. Wow, time is flying by SO incredibly fast. SPEAKING of time, this week I started my diet to my "six months to sexy"--it happened to be in a lot different diet than I wanted. I got the FLU. Needless to say, I wasnt keeping anything in. I dropped weight FAST. We were stuck inside half of Thursday, all of Friday and Saturday, and all of Sunday except a few hours for church because our great investigator Mesha was coming for the first time, and I was determined to go.
Needless to say, Sister Jensen and I have grown SO close together. I mean how can we not after be stuck in the same room for 4 days. I am surprised we still get along, but really between all the horrible runs to the bathroom, we watched our fun 5 movie selection over 5-10 times each. Those movies include: The Testaments, The Legacy, The District 2, The Last Leaf, and The Restoration. Then on Saturday, our Elders gave us The Work and The Glory. I tell you what, I love that movie and want the 2nd and the 3rd movies now! Anyone willing to send me it?! haha. Yep, we watched that sucker like 10 times already. Not returning it to the Elders anytime soon :). I am feeling much better, and we will be working hard this next week. I miss Sister Erekson still, but I love Sister Jensen very dearly. It is incredible to be a trainer and to see the quick improvement of your young little trainees. It has been amazing to receive answers on how I can help her and better her experience. I feel that it is by my example and hardwork that I can help her grow. It's hard work, but I am getting use to it!

I thank my Father in Heaven for this sacred privelege to serve Him and to serve His children. Of course, I am imperfect (ISN'T EVERYONE), I fall short often. I don't always talk to as many people, I don't always do all correctly, but I am trying VERY hard. This week I am very thankful for the Atonement of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I feel like this was a PERFECT focus for me this cycle. Many times on my mission, especially this week, Satan has tried to whisper that past mistakes--small or big--- are making me not good enough. I know that he is wrong. I repent nightly for a reason. I work hard, yes, i fall at times, but then I get back up, repent, and work even harder. I am thankful for a loving Savior, WHO died for me. What a great message we have to share to the people of Russia who are racked with regret, sorrow, and pain. I wanted everyone to know of the joy and peace that I feel because of the great and beautiful atonement.
This week hasn't been exciting because I was awfully sick with the flu for more than half of it, but I wanted to share with you a cool experience that I had and another great testimony that God is truly listening to His children. I was having a rough day feeling weak and sick, but I kept pushing forward. As we were walking the empty streets, I tried to focus on others and not pain or sickness so I decided to pray. I pled with our Father to give Mesha, one of our investigators ready for baptism, a powerful experience as he read the Book of Mormon today. I asked Heavenly Father to give him a CLEAR answer if the Book of Mormon was true. Do you know what happened? Several hours later, I received a call--YEAH, he called us-- He told me that he just read 1st Nephi 4 about Laban. He told me that he felt something powerful, and he just new that Nephi was called of God. He knew it was true. God is so good. He truly loves these people. I know that he loves me so much. He knows me, and He helps me. He is willing to answer our prayers, even the small ones.
Okay, this was actually a long one. OOOOOPPS :) I LOVE YOU ALL
Mom, thanks for the 30 extra bucks. We are going to Mcdonalds! I am soooo excited!
PRAYING FOR YOU ALL.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR CUTE FACES ON WEDNESDAY,
MUCH LOVE
Sister Devynn McCartt

No comments:

Post a Comment