Monday, December 2, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVI​NG TO ALL


Hello there family :)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Oh baby, it's COOOOLLLLLLDDD outside. The tempature is dropping. We'll be on the streets FREEZING, and we'll ask a Russian if it is cold to them and they always say with a chuckle, "No, it's still warm. Just wait for the winter". So yes, I am freezing my tail off, but I am having the time of my life. We are working so hard, and miracles are occurring. I was thinking on our way over what I would share with you this week, and I can hardly remember what happened this week. The Lord is truly blessing us to find His children who he is preparing. Remember that referral from the old grandmother last week? Well, her grandson is incredible. He is so open to learning and reading. He is so determined to find the truth.
Something very dear to my heart happened this week. I'm not sure if I every shared this with anyone, but before I received my call to Russia, I really was hoping I would get called to somewhere in Africa.The people there are so inspiring to me. They have such great faith in our Savior, Jesus Christ. They are humble and ready to learn. In the area I am living right now, we have a member who is from Nigeria named Martins. There are many young people from Africa that come here to study for school. They speak English and are learning Russian. Well, we met with Martins, and we asked him to bring his friend, Titus to church on Sunday. He agreed. (I had met Titus on the street a couple weeks back with Sister Angelos). Yesterday as Sacrament meeting was starting, Martins AND Titus came to church. I quickly ran over and sat next to them. After church, we found a room to teach the first lesson with him. The spirit quickly filled the room as he testified of the spirit that he felt there in church. He told us that he knows that this is the Lord's home. We taught the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and wow, the Holy Ghost was testifying to each one of us about the truthfulness of our message. He said, "I know this is where I need to be, but what if I have already beenbaptized in a different church. What does that mean?" I couldn't help but start to cry as I testified of the truthfulness of this Gospel and the power of God to baptize that exists in our Church, and then I asked him to be baptized on the 17th of December. Unknown to me that the 17th is a Monday not a Saturday. He said, "Yes, I will. I must do my homework and pray about it. I will be ready to be baptized on the 7th of December". I was a little thrown off, but the spirit testified to us that he truly would be ready in just over two weeks to enter the waters of baptism. He has such a beautiful testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He is excited to read the Book of Mormon and increase his knowledge of the Savior. I know that he will be making the right steps to returning home to his Father in Heaven. As we sat there in the meeting, I was overwhelmed by the feeling that God had sent me to Titus to help him make his first covenant with his Father in Heaven, which is Baptism, BUT I also felt that Heavenly Father had Titus to me to show me that He is truly aware of His children. I know Heavenly Father knew that I wanted to serve in a place like Africa, and He truly has given me this opportunity to teach Titus. I am thankful for this blessing to serve my Father's children. It is no easy task. Not everyone is as prepared or as kind as Titus. Sometimes, it takes a lot of prayer to love the people that yelled at me or called me names, but I love these people. I love this work. I am thankful for the chance I have to be a representative of my Savior. I love Him with my whole heart. Through my hardships, I have grown closer to Him. I am so grateful for His strength and love. He keeps me going!
Titus and Martins are teaching me pidgin English. It is English mixed with their native tongue! We also need to get Titus' baptismal date approved by President Schwab since it is SO fast.
I love you. I want you to know that I am just SO thankful. I am truly blessed. Yes mom, everything I wrote to you about how awesome you are is true. I am so blessed to have a mother and father like you-- who truly put the Lord first, who serve with theirwhole heart and mind, and who love us so much. Heavenly Father blessed me when he sent me to you all. Thanks for being so fabulous :). I'll be missing you this Thanksgiving. It's weird not being home, but our ward is having a day of thanksgiving too. Apparently we, missionaries will be doing a skit. Oh boy!
I love you all so much.
You are in my prayers
Until next week,
yours truly
Sister Devynn McCartt


                                                       random photo sister e snapped


                                                        US SISTERS IN THE WARD


                                                 LOOK CLOSE ITS FROZEN WATER.
 

                                                                   just having a ride


                                                                view from house


 In this ward, we go to young womens. we did an activity this week. she cut out pictures and gave us our income of our future family and we had to budget our money. so fun. this is apparently my future family. FOUR BOYS. OH FUN :)


                                                                 just having a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment