Monday, December 16, 2013

HAPPY 7TH CYCLE :)

Hey family!

I can't believe that it is ALMOST Christmas. I will be skyping you on Christmas day at 8 pm our time which means that it will be early for you, but NOT too bad like 11am. I will be skyping from Devymac92! I need your account name! We also found out that we were given ten minutes to SKYPE siblings on missions. That means that I can skype Shea at 9 pm my time. That would be 9 am her time? Shea, please let me know if you can do this or if another time will work better for you. I feel like this is the only time that would work for us because of the 12 hours time difference. I also need your skype name. SO mom and dad, be ready 15 minutes before 11 am to skype me. Shea, if you can let me know when you read this if it will be a possibility. I am sure you can get permission from your Mission President. My district leader said to me today, "She is in America! Everything is possible there."


  Now for the other fun news. My sweet companion, Sister Erekson and I got separated this week. I have wandered around like a lost puppy who lost her best friend. I will admit that this has been one of my HARDEST transfers, but that means that I will grow a lot. My new companion is Sister Jensen. She is from TEXAS, my first companion NOT from Utah. CRAZY. We get along great. It is just WAY different than my past few cycles. She has been a little down about the language, but it is always hard at first. I am just trying to keep her afloat these first few weeks. I know ALL will work out and she will do great things here in Russia!


We have been teaching a young man that Sister Erekson and I found a few weeks ago. He is SO close to baptism. I always mention baptism to him, and  then he always replies, "I know, Sister McCartt, I need to do it so I can prepare to be baptized." He loves us. He is praying about the 18th of January. This past week, he told us a story about how he felt when he first saw us on the street. He said, "I saw you two ahead of me, coming towards me, and I knew I had to talk with you. My heart started pounding because I didn't know how I would start a conversation, BUT then you started talking to me." I know Heavenly Father answered this 24 year old young man's prayers because we both felt pushed to talk with him. I am thankful for the guidance of the Spirit, AND I am grateful that we acted on that prompting. He always tells me, "You and Sister Erekson have changed my life." He is reading the Book of Mormon and LOVING IT.

I know that I am here to teach him. I am thankful for this great opportunity.


Titus FINALLY came to church again. Life had been super busy for him and he got way behind with school. He is reading the Book of Mormon and progressing GREATLY! He told me yesterday that he is still fervently praying about the need for him to be baptized.


I know that our prayers of faith will soften and change the hearts of the people here. I know that we have a Savior, who we can TRULY cast our burdens to Him. There are many times on my mission, where the strength I had was only from Him. I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Thanks for your letters of love. I love you all and pray for you everyday,

LOVE TRULY,

your missionary in Russia

Sister Devynn McCartt

No comments:

Post a Comment