Monday, December 9, 2013

WITH LOVE from Russia

Hey family,
I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving. I knew it was a successful day when I completely hated myself for how much I ate. After makng an incredible Thaksgiving feast with Sister Erikson, I unknowningly volunteered myself to be in a food eating contest. Thankfully, we just had to shove down two cans of corn. I won :).
Other than that, this week hasn't been so eventful. Just a lot of contacting on the blizzardy roads. Did I mention? It is getting COLD. It has been snowing for days now. I am in for a treat. We took lots of fun pictures, but I will send them next week. It is not working this week. The longer you wait, the better it is anyway :)
This week, my companion and I experienced something life changing. I know that thanks to this experience, I know even more that Satan is real. His influence is real. He is working very hard to stop this work. I know for a fact that he knows us. He unlike us, remembers life before this life. He knows how to tempt us and how to hurt us. BUT he will never win. We have someone on our side with much greater power. Don't be afraid to call upon the powers of heaven to help you. Prayer is so powerful. I know that Heavenly Father is on the other side listening and ready to send support. He did for us. In short, we were on the street contacting, when we stopped a woman. Immediately, the Spirit fled. We should have left sooner, but we had some hope that we could help this woman come unto Christ. After many warnings by the Spirit, we departed paths. We felt so strongly the influence of Satan around us. I felt so weighed down and dirty. My heart was heavy. I turned to Sister Erekson and said, "Please, we need to pray". We found a secluded bench, and I started to pray. I had to cast Satan away from us several times. I pleaded with our Father in Heaven to send us peace and comforted. I can't express to you the comfort and peace that He immediately sent to us. I know that He is watching over each of us. He loves us. Never hesitate to pray. He is listening. Never doubt, for our Father in Heaven always answers. It may take days, months, OR  a year and a half. Sometimes, He answers in ways you don't expect or sometimes it is not the answer we want, BUT without a doubt--He answers. I am thankful for the relationship that I have with my Heavenly Father. I can't imagine going throughout this journey without Him. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He is my anchor and my rock. 
I love you and I am pray for you,
Sister Devynn McCartt

No comments:

Post a Comment