Sunday, December 15, 2013

HAPPY TRANSFERS :)

Hello!
Short letter this week because my time is already dwindling down. It is transfers week. and GUESS WHAT?!?! I am expecting another baby. I will be training once again. I am sad to leave Sister Erekson because we have not only become great companions, but we have become best friends. I know that this next cycle will be challenging, but I will grow and I will become more and more of who the Lord needs me to be. I am thankful for this chance to help someone began their journey in Russia. AND GUESS WHAT?! My first trainee will also be training. I remember my first day in Russia, my trainer, Sister Young looked at me and said, "I train people to train". I said that same thing to Sister Herikson, and now look at her! I am so proud.


 I am surprisingly enough starting to love snow more and more. It is getting SO cold here! Yesterday, my hair froze! Snow has been coming down nonstop. I love preaching the gospel, and I am here in Russia doing just that. I love my mission. It is WAY hard, but it is exactly where I need to be. Everytime I go out on the streets to testify to these people of our Lord's restored gospel-- I feel that same joy. There is a reason why I trudge through feet and feet of snow to share this great message. There is a reason why I talk to everyone on the street and turn my cheek when someone mocks me or laughs at me. It is all because of my love for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that every soul truly is great in the site of God. That is why I do what I do everyday.


I can't wait to get my little trainee, and help her find this great joy in preaching the gospel to these Russian people.


I can't wait to skype home! It is coming SOOOO fast. I love you all. Have a great week, and enjoy the ice ;)


Love your favorite freezing Russian Sister,
Sister Devynn McCartt


                                                     Russian Orthodox church


                                                    Adventures in the woods


                                              Just doing some missionary work


                              Spotting my prey! I really wanted to knock this house


Then the old woman that lived there came out and we shared out message with her. She loved us and I love her!


                                                                  Random trash pile


                                           Thanksgiving cooking :) We made a feast


                                                                  Our feast


                                                                Russian tort


                                                             TITUS AND US :)


                                      FIRST SNOW. AND IT HASN'T STOPPED YET


                                             Regina's baptism


                                    Random cart that we found. had to capture it!


                                                        EMMA :)


                                                                 COLD


                                                        SNOW ANGELS


                                                         BEING SNEAKY


                                                       Our young women :)

                             
                                                  Saying goodbyes to Sister Scoville!


                                                       CUTEST LITTLE GIRL


                                                       So much snow


                                                      The beautiful Volga


                                                Preaching the gospel to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment