Sunday, November 24, 2013

WORK WORK WORK. THAT IS WHAT WE DO.

Hey there wonderful family,

I miss you tons! The weather is getting colder, but wow oh wow have the miracles been flowing. I made a promise with Heavenly Father last week that no matter how sick I felt, I would get out of my bed at 6:25am, get on my knees to plead with Him to help us to help His children, and then get up and go to work. I promised Him that no matter how sick I felt or how cold it was I would work my BUTT off to find those that are ready to listen. All I asked was that he fill in the rest were I can't fill. Since that fervent prayer, I have felt the powers of Heaven pour out on this area. People have been coming up to us asking about what we are sharing. In two days we found over 10 people interested in learning more. One cold day, a lady walked up to us and began telling me that her grandparents and parents had attended our church. She loved that our church was centered on families. We will be meeting with her this week. We had a group of friends who called us over begging us to tell them where their friend was who had just passed away. I had the wonderful blessing to testify that there is life after death. He is home and he is not lost. We have had other men and women approaching us asking us about our message and how it can help their lives. We have met with wonderful families who desire to strengthen their faith and their families. Crazy enough, after making a goal to ask EVERYONE for a referral, we received one. Yes, we had to ask hundreds and hundreds of people, BUT we got one and he is GOLDEN. We felt impressed to chase this older lady who had passed us as we were talking to someone. We approached her and she just loved us. She wasn't believing, and after a wonderful conversation--we asked her if she knew someone who would be interested to listening and learning more about our message. She stopped and thought for a second..then she said, actually my grandson. He is 21 years old. His dad passed away, and he wanted to know if he'd ever see him again. She was quite terrified to give us his number, but GUESS WHAT--he is so excited to meet with us and learn more.
This week I truly felt the joy of the work as I gave my all and testified that our Savior lives. I thought back to the chance I had to share my testimony with Ryan. I feel that same joy that I felt when I shared the gospel with Ryan. This joy is remarkable. You can feel it EVERYDAY just like I am. Share the gospel with your friends and those around you. I promise you that you will find a joy that you never imagined. I have never loved so many people in my life. My heart hurts for them when they don't accept our message because I know how special they are and how much this gospel will change their lives. I have never been so exhausted in my life, but it is all worth it.
I know that my Savior lives. I know that He suffered and died for each of us. I know that through His atonement we can find peace and receive forgiveness. Never forget the power of the Atonement. There is great joy in relying on our Savior when times are harder than you can bear. He calls, "Come unto Me”. He will give you peace and strength. I love my Savior. I know that because of His sacrifice for me, I can return home to my Heavenly Father and live with my family for eternity. This is our great message. I am thankful for the chance I have to share it. I am working to not waste a minute because this time is VERY sacred and very limited.
I love you. I pray for you all. I can't wait to hear from you. Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I am SO blessed to have a loving and caring family who loves me and supports me. I am thankful for the best parents in the world who work to give me an amazing life. I am thankful for crazy yet extraordinary siblings. I love you all. EACH OF YOU.
Until next week,
Your favorite FREEZING Russian Missionary
Sister Devynn McCartt



                                 Some cool shoes i found and had to get. i wanted european shoes :)


HALLOWEEN: I DRESSED UP AS ME AND SISTER ANGELOS DRESSED UP AS A "SEXY BEAST" HAHAHA. IT WAS FUN. WE SPENT THE DAY PLANNING AND THEN GOT DRESSED AND WENT TO WORK



                                                       
                                             

                                                                      sister a and i


                                                             HALLOWEEN PIZZA



                                                                       Our district


                                                             Sister Moffatt and i


                                                                      russian temple
 

                                                                  some cool statue


                                                              our cute little church building


                                                    sister erekson and i (my new comp)



                                                        oh baby its cold outside


                                                                EXCHANGES


                                                Sister angelos and i on our last day together

No comments:

Post a Comment