Sunday, November 10, 2013

RUSSIA 101 :)

WHAT ANOTHER CRAZY WEEK THAT HAS FLOWN BY. I am in shock that this cycle has come to an end. HAPPY NOVEMBER. This week, we have worked so hard. I have really been pushing my
 companion to work hard to the end. I am ready to run her even more this week! Which reminds me, one of our investigators saw me yawning. She became overwhelmed with fear that I wasn't getting enough sleep, ESPECIALLY after she heard our sleeping schedule and that it has been hard for me to sleep at night. She gave me a mask to put on and a order to sleep more. I wish she understood why we work from sun up to sun down :). Which also reminds me, I finished my 90 day challenge of the Book of Mormon, and today started an 80 day challenge. I even commited a less active to read it with me in the 80 days. She accepted :) I love Book of Mormon. It is truly the word of God, like the Bible. I feel my Father in Heaven's love for me and I also learn and feel so much closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ. There is GREAT power in the Book of Mormon. I am really starting to learn that as I read and study it more and more and as I invite others to read and study. Yesterday, we had a beautiful miracle. A lady saw our church and decided she wanted to visit. When I gave her the Book of Mormon. She just stared at it and flipped through it many times. I am excited to keep teaching her. She is already talking about baptism. There is great power in studying each day and being obedient. I know that to be true!

My companion. Sister Angeloswill be leaving Sunday, and I will be receving a new companion. It's challenging having a companion that is going home, but it has been fun to see her squrim about going home. I cannot believe that my 6th cycle is starting so soon. Time is just flying by. It actually warmed up a little bit this week! That was pretty exciting. It was about 55 degrees.

I am so glad to have had the chance to chat with Jared and Mom today. I blame them for my horrible e-mail, but mom to answer your questions quickly.
 What is a typical day for you as a missionary? EXHAUSTING :) I'll answer that next week. We work from 630am to 1030pm at night.  What does the typical Russian in Samara do in their spare time? Literally it is a hobby for grandmas to sit on benches and people watch and gossip. They love when we say Hi or they either HATE us because they think we have something up our sleeves. A lot of people love walking with each other and talking.
Traditions: SO MANY. People love giving us apples. We have a saying that my companion and I made up with some of the words to Lord of the Rings, "One does not simply avoid apples in Russia". They give them to us ALL the time. We just have bag fulls. Everyone has a garden here. We always take our shoes off at the door. You don't shake hands with your gloves on. We rarely use are cards, just "cash". So much more. Remind me next week and I will share. I am running out of time. TEN MINUTES LEFT and so many people to reply to. I love you lots.
UNTIL NEXT WEEK,
Sister Devynn McCartt

                 
 1-4 The goodbyes at the trainstation. It was SO sad to say goodbye to my favorite people in Penza. They even ran after the train. I miss them!!






I love this lady. Her name is Emma. She is a Less Active. We are wworking to get her back to church.



AMERICAN CANDY + HOMEMADE remedy for my face. It hates RUSSIA's water. but it has been doing so much better :)



                                                                 Irena and I

No comments:

Post a Comment