Sunday, November 17, 2013

6th cycle

These weeks seem to zoom right before my eyes, but when I reflect back on what I did this past week, I am in shock. Each week is full of so many memories, so many miracles that the Lord blesses us with so that we can bless His children. I can barely remember what I did on Monday. I have a thing called the mission brain. They say it is even worse when learning Russian. I FORGET many things IF I don't write them down. I successfully ran my last companion, Sister Angelos to the ground. We worked SO hard until the end. It was very cool to be in a taxi with her on her way to head to President's home before heading back to America. The Spirit was there as we both testified of our loving Heavenly Father, and His divine plan for us, His children. So yes, I was successful at "killing off" my companion. It is a mission thing that when you start your mission, you are "born" and when you end , you "die" or are killed by your companion.
This past cycle was challenging for me, but wow, did I learn a lot. I have grown closer to my Savior, and I know more of the power of prayer. I truly know now that my Father in Heaven knows the desires of my heart. Of course, we aren't perfect. We fall short and don't do everything exaclty right, but that is the beauty of the Atonement. I don't have much time left on my mission, but I am determined to consecrate myself EVEN more to this work. I want to give my ALL and my EVERYTHING to this work until the very end. I learned just that as I served with Sister Angelos-- our time here is short. It does end, but IF we do everything in our power to serve with ALL our heart, we will go home knowing that we made a difference. Which reminds me, I saw the Penza missonaries this week, and one new Elder came up to me and said, "Sister McCartt, you are wonderful, but I am SO TIRED of hearing your name from the members and investigators in Penza. They love you so much. You left big shoes to fill". I felt so much comfort knowing that my love for those people touched them. I am thankful for my mission. I am so happy and I have never felt healthier in my life. Yes, my health isn't perfect, but the Lord is filling in the rest. We went out running today for the first time in a long time. Wow, it felt good to sweat. I hope my new companion knows what she started! Yes, I am with a young missionary. She is actually my little trainee's old companion from the MTC. I am ready to learn and grow from her. Miracles are happening. This work is progressing. The Lord is blessing us.
I love the message that President Eyring gave in General Conference: Not exactly quoted: When someone says, 'I need your help', what they are really saying is that the Lord needs to bless you. So my message for the week is: Serve our Master more by tending and serving His sheep. Live the higher law that our Savior taught as He walked the grounds of this earth. Hold tight to the iron rod and never give up. Get on your knees when you can't manage to stand, and remember that you are loved.
I love you all.
Mom and Dad, as I watched my Mission President work this week, I was overwhelmed with the feeling that you too one day will serve a mission together. I love this work. There is real joy in serving with your whole heart.
I pray for you all daily.
I love you,
LOVE your favorite lefty daughter,
Сестра Девинн Макарт
(Sister Devynn McCartt)

No comments:

Post a Comment