Sunday, October 20, 2013

Yet ANOTHER week in Russia!

Hello once again, 
The mission life is far different than normal daily life. Each and every day is devoted to others. Each day, I wake up and began my morning pleading for the salvation of others. Pleading with Heavenly Father to help us find those who are ready and willing to listen. I know He hears my pleas. Each day, I study the scriptures and the Russian language--slowly so I can be prepared to talk and teach those who are willing to listen. Then at the end of the day, after walking for hours sharing our message, after stopping by less actives and investigators--I end the night by praying and studying for those we teach. Since my health has been a little bit shaky in the mornings, I spend most meals and before bed, studying and praying. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father, who loves each of us more than we can imagine. I am grateful for His personal love for me. At the close of the day, I often go into the bathroom, get on my knees, and just talk to my Father in Heaven. I know He hears me. Prayer is such a blessing. When we prayer, we are speaking to God. It is important that our prayers are from the heart because he is on the other end listening. When I pray, I know who I am speaking to and I know that He is listening. 

We finally were able to listen to General Conference this weekend. I went into conference with many questions that I had studied and prayed about, and I left feeling full of peace and joy because each of my questions were answered. It was yet another testimony to me that our Father in Heaven loves us and knows are needs. I know that He is helping my health. I know that all will be okay. This week, I will be receiving a blessing from my Mission President. He will be fasting and praying to know what the next step is for me. As for me, I will be praying and trying to have the faith that through the Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ, I can be healed and continue my mission here. I have so much left to do on my mission. 

I have such a testimony of faith. I know that as we have faith, miracles will happen. I see them everyday. I am striving to have the prayer of faith nightly. Please exercise faith. D&C 6:36 rings in my mind every time I began to doubt. "Look unto me in every thought. Doubt not, fear not." Satan wants us to fear. I must not allow him to bring fear into my heart because that will hinder the work. 

Thank you for your prayers and love for me. I feel them. I have received so much strength this week, and I know it is because of each of your prayers of faith. Thank you for remembering me :)

I love you all. 
love
Sister McCartt

No comments:

Post a Comment