Monday, October 7, 2013

YET ANOTHER WEEK GONE BY!

Hello Family :)

It sure sounds like our family had a crazy week this week. I am glad all is well at home and I am thankful for your dedication to me. I love reading the e-mails about life and about your adventures. It is amazing how different life is there THAN here. Sometimes, I forget that life is not on hold back at home. It is a weird realty check for me that my little baby brothers are growing up and that things are changing. BUT change doesn't always mean that it is a bad thing. Next week are transfers. I cannot believe another 6 weeks have flown by right before my eyes. I have come even more to love these people here, especially the Branch. Some of the members are like my best friend, grandmother, or mother here in Russia. It will be hard to leave, but I know it will not be goodbye. I know that if I leave my beautiful city of Penza; it will be because the Lord needs me else where. The people may be different, but the work is the same! I can't believe that I have sent FOUR cycles here and that Sister Henriksen is almost done training! CRAZY! Which reminds me, some crazy things happened this week. Do you remember Almura? I wrote about her months ago. She has been investigating the church, but her husband was REALLY against her joining and told her that he would leave her if she joined. WELL, she decided that she NEEDS to get baptized this Saturday. She told us that she knows this church is true without a doubt in her mind. OH, the faith of these people astonishes me. I am thankful for their example. Please keep her in your prayers this week. I know that she is a beloved daughter of our Father in Heaven and I also know that Satan knows that too. He will be fighting REALLY hard to stop her from taking this huge step.

As for Katya, she will not be getting baptized this week. Satan has worked really hard on her for years and has confused her with false information about life and the life after so her understanding of our message has been hindered. Continue to pray for her. I know one day she will understand the importance of Baptism.

Oh yes AND I can't forget Larisa, our miracle from last week. She told us that she knows that she needs to read the Book of Mormon to find out for herself if it is true. She game to a fun church activity where they asked me to be "Fall" (they dressed me). It reminded me of our Apple Squeezing and made me miss all of you :). I will send pictures! 

By the way, forgive my grammatical errors. I have to type fast :)

Keep working hard and keep up the faith!
I love you all!
Until next week!

Devynn








My new winter boots :)


                                                     The whole crew at the baptism :)

                                                                   Loudmela!

                                                              Larisa and I

                                                                  Larisa and I

                                                          Larisa and I and Sister H


                                                             The church font

                                                                    Fall



                                                    Lena and I...I love her to death!

                                                            baba katya and i.. my fav :)

                                                                Larisa and I

No comments:

Post a Comment