Monday, October 7, 2013

5TH CYCLE.

Hello my dear family,
LET the 5th cycle begin...OH BOY, I AM GETTING OLD! 

Oh my, words can not express my past week. BUT, if I had to summarize this would be my week: Alma 26: 26 But behold, my beloved…we came into [Russia] not with the intent to destroy our brethren, but with the intent that perhaps we might save some few of their souls.
27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the [Russians], and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.
 28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.
 I had some really high moments and some really low moments. The beginning of my week started off with me getting both armed grabbed and almost taken by this man and his friends while we were helping a lady up from falling. (I don’t mean to scare you..mom especially by sharing this with you, but I promised I would). Luckily, the Lord is on our side and I was able to kick and punch my way out, and Sister Henriksen and I escaped without physical harm. As we dashed away, I began to cry. I still can’t explain why I felt so overwhelmed with fear and frustration. Satan has been attacking not only me, but our whole mission. I know that he realizes that we are willing to give more and sacrifice more. I am really trying to consecrate myself to these people and to this work more and more each day. Monday night after the incident, I received a blessing. I can’t express to you the strength, peace, and love I felt from my Father in Heaven. I know that He loves me and He is watching over me here in Russia. I know that as I am patient and give my all, we will see miracles, and we will find those people ready to accept our message. I want to be able to say at the end of my mission what Ammon said to his brethren after their dedicated service:  
29 And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again.
30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.
31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.
I am thankful for these trials and experiences because they are making me stronger. I am learning so much. I hope Satan knows that he messed with the wrong missionary. I am ready to work harder than ever. I know this work is the Lord’s work without a doubt in my mind.
 As for transfers, I said goodbye to my beautiful town of Penza. I never thought I could love so much that I didn’t even know 6 months ago. I have cried and cried since I found out I was leaving. They asked me to share my testimony and I sang one last time for them. One lady told me, “Who is going to be our beautiful bird to sing for us now”. Those people are my family and Penza is my home here in Russia. It has been hard, but I know this next cycle here in Samara, Russia is much needed for me to grow. President Schwab personally called me on the day of transfers and told me that he knows it will be hard to leave, but he knows I need to be here in Samara with my companion. He has asked me to do specific things to better this area and to help my companion. My new companion is Sister Angelos. This is her last cycle. I am excited to learn and grow from her. Leaving Sister Henriksen was also so hard. We have grown so close to one another and my district was so close. I am thankful for the time I had with her and with my district. I am struggling to smile each moment here in my new area, but I am ready to work hard. I know this is where the Lord needs me to serve. I know there is people here who I will help enter into the waters of baptism.
 As for Almura, we had to postpone her date, and she will be getting baptized on Saturday of this week. Katya is taking a breaking from investigating. It broke my heart because I feel so much love for her, but I know her day will come. I am grateful to be apart of this great work. I feel as if I cannot love anyone as much as I love Penza, but just as Heavenly Father did for Samuel, I know He will do for me. Samuel 10:9 And it was so, that when he had turned his back to go from Samuel, God gave him another heart: and all those signs came to pass that day.
I know I will love the people of Samara just as much as I love the people of Penza.

I love you family. I am thankful to be so blessed with wonderful friends and a extraordinary family. 
Keep praying and keep choosing the right : )
I will try to send pictures next week.
I love you SO much,
Devynn



 Our investigator REALLY wanted to take single shots of us before I left. I will sure miss my sweet Penza. My heart is there!


                   My favorite companion :) shhh dont tell anyone..else. I will sure miss her.



No comments:

Post a Comment