Tuesday, April 2, 2013

MTC week 7!

Hello Family!

This week has been a humbling week. Each week that passes by, I see myself changing and becoming who my Father in Heaven wants me to be. I have a lot of improvement still needed, but I know that as I give my all; Heavenly Father WILL in fact help me. A few things that happened this week really helped me to feel my purpose as a missionary. On Sunday, I received a huge tender mercy. I was having a rough day. I am not sure why, but just sometimes in the MTC things get challenging. Anyway, after devotional, I saw a group of our Russians gathering in the front. I remembered that Samara's area Seventy was here visiting so we ran up to talk to him. I never got to talk to him because I started talking to a 16 year old girl names Elizabeth from Saratov, Russia (One of the areas in my mission). She was SO precious. As we talked, I couldn't help but feel so much love for her and the people of Russia. I just couldn't stop smiling. I am so so so excited to serve the people of Russia and just love them! My language will come with time, but my love for them and my desire to help them come unto Christ is already there. I am grateful for the Lord's tender mercies that help me get through the challenging moments here at the MTC. I have received an immense amount of strength and love from my Heavenly Father. My love for my Savior has significantly grown as I more fully apply the Atonement in my life. I am SO grateful for Jesus Christ and His willingness to atone for you and me. Words cannot express my gratitude to Him!

This week I really took the advice of our Branch President, President Harrison. He asked us to really focus on learning more about the Savior each week. I have been striving to start each week with the thought, "What can I do to grow closer to my Savior. And What more can I learn about him this week?" This week I have just really focused on how the Savior reacted when those around him rejected him. I was reading before bed last night when I came across this beautiful verse in 1st Nephi 19:9. The part that really hit home to read "... Wherefore they scourge him, and he sufferth it, and they smite him, and he sufferth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he sufferth it because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men". What a profound verse. Jesus Christ was mocked and spit upon, yet he allowed it and "sufferth" it because of his patience and his love for them. I want to be more charitable. I want to feel the pure love of Christ for those I teach and for those I come in contact with each day. I want to be more like my Savior. I am thankful for his example. I am thankful for his love for me. I am thankful for his atonement. Wow, what a blessing we have to know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we CAN become clean. Through his Atonement, we CAN receive strength and comfort because He knows what we have been through. He knows it because He experienced it and suffered it for you and me. What a powerful message. I can't wait to share this message with Russia!

One of our goals as a companionship is to only speak kind words to one another. I think this has helped us not get offended and it has helped settle many uneasy feelings. It has not been easy, and it still isn't, but I am focused and determined to make it work as best as possible. I am working to focus more on others and serve them more. I want to see every one as Christ sees them! I know with the Savior, I will be able to receive strength and comfort that i need.

This week, I have been working to be more positive. It has helped me smile even when days are challenging.

I am doing all I can to be more in tune with the Spirit. I am working to better hear the promptings of the Spirit and then have the courage to act upon them. I know that Heavenly Father will help me as I remain worthy and diligent to have the Holy Ghost as my companion.

A lot of things happened this week. I had my hard days, but it was amazing to remember the support I had at home. This thought made my hard days, easier days. I am thank you for your support and love, mom and dad. I am thankful for your prayers! I am thankful for the picture book that I received from Shelby, Shea, and Sister McClellan. I love it! I shared it with my companions. It was wonderful to be able to just talk about you all and how much I love you!
I love you family! Never forget that! Never forget that our Heavenly Father loves us!

Love your crazy daughter and sister,

Sister Devynn McCartt


My teacher literally drew this in a minute. It is like we are inside a bus!


Another one of my Brazilian friends. She leaves the same day as me! 


These signs are on the wall by my bed! Thanks Ryan for your inspiration :)


I meant to send this last week. A Brazilian friend of mine!


Apparently putting toothpaste on blemishes works! SO i decided to experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment