Monday, April 15, 2013

12 Days Left!! Week 8

Hello Family!

I cannot tell you enough how awesome it was to hear your voices this week even though the circumstances weren't what I wanted! I have gotten some medicine for my headaches. I am not sure if they have them in Russia, but the doctor will find out tomorrow! I am so grateful for the wonderful family that I have. I feel so much love and support from you all. Thank you for your faith in Christ. Thank you for your love for our Father in Heaven. Daddy, I have really enjoyed reading your letters. It worked out perfectly, I got one on Monday (they don't send Dearelders on Saturdays) and I got one on Tuesday. I feel so blessed to be apart of the McCartt clan!

This week has been such a humbling week for me. I have had to MORE fully put my trust in Heavenly Father's plan, and I had to more fully rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ for strength and comfort! This past week was Easter Sunday. On Friday, which was the day that I found out that my call may need to be changed because of my headaches, was the day almost 2,000 years ago that our Savior atoned for each of our pains, hardships, sorrows, and sins. When our teacher told me this, after a day of burden and stress, I just began to cry, all that stress and burden was just lifted. I was able to turn to my Savior because he already knew how I was feeling. I had been praying to truly feel the Atonement working in my life and at that moment, I truly experienced it. I cannot express in words how much our Brother, Jesus Christ loves us. He wants to help us and he wants us to be happy. ALL we need to do is turn to him. He knows how we are feeling for he has suffered and felt it for us. I love the Russian language because each word has such beautiful meaning. The word for Atonement in Russian is Искупление. In Russian it means "bought out completely". The Savior has suffered for us COMPLETELY. I hope that you never forget this sweet message. We are never alone! He is always there to lift us up and give us strength.

I am glad to be a missionary. It is the hardest, but yet the best work that I have ever done. In order for me to grow closer to my Father in Heaven, I must be willing to have hard moments and go through dark places. God has chosen me to go serve the people of Russia. I must do what my Savior would do if he was here. I am a servant of God. Russia will be challenging, furthering my knowledge of Russian will be challenging, but this message is so important! I need to truly forget myself and do what the Lord needs me to do. I know I will receive the strength that I need to accomplish the work that the Savior needs me to do.

Thank you for your example. Thank you for your love! I feel it even though we are thousands of miles apart! I often picture you kneeling by your beside praying for my behalf, just like I do the same for you. I feel your prayers. Thank you for being so wonderful to me! Thanks you for all of your letters! I don't have much time on the computer, but I will try next week to write each of you a letter before I leave! I will have time to respond when I am in the field! I get my travel plans TOMORROW! holy cow! AND then I leave for RUSSIA in 11 days. My mind is blown! I have so much to learn and so much to do!

I love each one of you and I pray for you multiple times a day! I am sorry this is shorter than usual, but I must get off!

i love you! Love your favorite left-handed daughter,

Devynn!


Sister Jolley and I


At the temple! Elder Jaynes trying to be 5'5 haha


This is Elder Jaynes! He is 6'7! He is SO tall and guess what he is only 19!! SO YOUNG BUT SO TALL


Our Friend Elder Moe! He was our older! He left last Sunday! 


YAY, just learning Russian!


ALL OF our older left last week and now it is our turn~! ahhhh, we get travel plans tomorrow :)




ALL OF our older left last week and now it is our turn~! ahhhh, we get travel plans tomorrow :)


Elder Moe and I

No comments:

Post a Comment