Monday, April 15, 2013

4 more Days!!!!

Hey Everyone!
GUESS WHAT? I leave for Russia in 4 days! I am scheduled to fly out on Monday, April 15th at 5:00 am. The flight over there is crazy. We fly out of SLC at 8:31 am MTN time. I will have time to call you before then. We arrive in at 2:57pm then we quickly rush to our flight to Moscow, Russia which flies out at 4:10pm. We then arrive in Moscow, Russia at 9:55 am (They are 10 hours ahead). That means it will be 2:10 am your time. I have a SUPER long layover. I can call anytime between 2:10 am to 8ish am. (Tell me what time works best for you. I think Sister Walker's parents are getting me a prepaid phone and international card. I will let you know more one Saturday. I don't believe we are going to call on Saturday, but I can email on Saturday so please tell me any concerns you have. I would really like to talk for an hour or so on Monday morning around 830 to 930 your time. What phone number is best?) I FINALLY arrive in Samara at 4:50 pm. That is such a crazy thought to me! Next week, I WILL be in Russia with a new companion meeting my NEW mission presidents in just a week. I will be FORCED to talk ONLY Russian to everyone. I know this will help my learning curve like CRAZY! I cannot tell you how scary, but exciting this feeling is to me. These are my last few days in America for 15 1/2 - 16 months! I am VERY excited to share the gospel with the people of Russia. They are often explained as people with hard shells, but if you just love them, they will do anything for you. I am excited to bring the joy I have because of this gospel into their lives. I love the people of Russia already. I know I am meant to be there. I know that there are people in Russia who will help me grow, and I know there are people in Russia who Heavenly Father needs me to teach. I know that the gospel will bring much peace and happiness in their lives. The people of Russia have had such hard lives because of the war and communism. I am beyond excited to invite them to come unto Christ and give them our burdens.
I heard an incredible story yesterday about Eric Littleton. He was an incredible runner. He ran in the 1924 Olympics He qualified for the 200m race. When he found out that the race was on Sunday; he refused to run. Even though he was not of our faith, he had been raised to keep the Sabbath day holy. He began training for the 400m race. He was afraid he would not qualify, but he worked his butt off to try. He decided he would race in both races, but if he went to the finals for the 200m race; he decided that he would not run. Well he did. He made it to the finals. His country was so angry with him, but he held his ground and he honored what the Lord had commanded him. After all of his training, he also ended up qualifying for the 400m race. They put him on the outer lane, not thinking much of his ability to win. Right before the race began, an american racer handed him a little piece of paper with 1 Sam 2:30 written on it. It reads, " Those who honor me, I will honor." He read it an smiled. He gave his all and ran and ran. He didn't know where the other runners were so he continued to give his all. He not only won the 400m race, but he also broke the world record. What an incredible story. I know that this applies for each of us. As we give our all for the Lord, he will bless us. As we serve him and honor him, he will honor us.

I am sorry this letter isn't so long, but I will write to you on Saturday. I love you lots and lots and lots. I am so thankful for such an amazing family! Keep up the good work! Remember how important it is to study your scriptures and pray sincerely daily! I know the Lord will bless and honor you!

Well I love you lots,
I will talk to you on Monday! I can't wait to hear your voices. Don't forget to let me know what time works best for moscow. The rest of my times are limited in SLC. I would really like to talk to you then as well.
love,
yfld
dev


My lovely Sister friends going to Thailand We were "bathroom friends" for 4 weeks then we decided to learn each others names :) haha


My lovely Sister friends going to Thailand We were "bathroom friends" for 4 weeks then we decided to learn each others names :) haha


We all randomly matched! 


I GOT MY TRAVEL PLANS. We leave APRIL 15TH!


so HAPPY


Our last temple trip! CRAZY to think my next temple trip will be with YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment