Monday, March 11, 2013

MTC Week 2!!

This past week has been one heck of a journey I have never felt such low lows and high highs. The spirit here is incredible. My first few days at the MTC were hard and very challenging. The schedule is very taxing mentally and spiritually. I often wanted to throw in the towel when the language got too hard, but those small highs have helped me hold on. We have taught 3 lessons to an investigator in only Russian. It is incredible how much we have learned already, but there is SO much more to learn.The first few days we spent 10 to 12 hours studying a day. It was insane. I was having a rough week so on Sunday I asked for a blessing from my district leader, Elder Roberts. It was amazing. He knew nothing of what I needed, but Heavenly Father
did and He answered. It was Elder Roberts first time giving a blessing. I am so thankful for the priesthood What a blessing it is in my life.
        After a long week, we finally made it to Sunday. It has been such an incredible day. Today in one of our meetings one of our bishopric felt inspired to bless us to feel Christ's presence with us each day and that we may feel the angels surrounding us. He promised us that if we work hard and give our will to the Lord, we will be blessed with power from on high., I am called to Russia for a reason. I am called to touch specific souls in Samara and as I more fully focus on my purpose, I will see the Lord's hand in my life. This journey will be hard each day, but I will be able to share my joy and testimony of my Savior with the people of Russia, and that makes it much more worth it. I want to focus on becoming closer to my Savior this next week. I am thankful for the blessing I have to be here even though it is hard.
          My mom shared an amazing quote with me. It reads:"Life by the yard is hard; by the inch it's a cinch. Each of us can be true for just one day-and then one more and then one more after that-until we've lived a life time guided by the Spirit, a lifetime close to the Lord, a lifetime of good deeds and righteousness. I have been focusing on taking this journey one "inch" at a time. I know with the Lord's help I can do all things. 


  
My companions and I, Sister Walker and Sister Jolley.
Sister Walker and I. We are all silly!
Wearing the shirt you bought me Ryan! It reminds me of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment