Friday, March 15, 2013

MTC Week 4!!!!


Well Hello!
What a week it has been. My goodness! The days have been flying by. It seems like just a day or so ago, it was my P-day. SO MUCH has happened this week. I have been very blessed. To start off, on Sunday morning our Branch President came into our district classroom telling us Sisters that another sister would be joining our district and so our companionship would be splitting up. My heart stopped. This week I have been really praying for our companionship to have unity. Sister Walker even felt something was amiss in our companionship, but we couldn't put our finger on it. We all get along well, but being in a threesome can be challenging. It is a completely different dynamic then just having one person as your companion. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us. SO Sister Walker and I are now companions and Sister Jolley has welcomed the new sister as her companion, Sister Holmes. She is very sweet. She was at the MTC before for 12 weeks, then went into the field for two months so she went home for the past three months. She is here for a refresher. It has truly been such a help to have her! Sister Walker and I have set some high goals as a companionship. I am excited to see our growth together! Sister Holmes ( the new sister) will leave in 2 1/2 weeks. I hope it won't be too difficult to adjust back to a threesome because the dynamics are completely different. I love Sister Walker. She has been such a strength to me. We have been applying the advice that Ryan gave me. Be exactly obedient. Make sure you have 1 hour of personal study, 1 hour of companionship study, and 1 hour of language study. He promised that the Lord will bless us for our exactness. It is incredible how blessed we already have been!
     One of those blessings have been with our investigator Ирэк. He is Muslim so he believes that God is our Creator, but not our Father. He believes that Jesus Christ was our Brother, but not our Savior or Redeemer. This really threw us off our first lesson, but going into the second lesson; we were really relying on the Spirit. The day that Sister Walker and I taught him, I felt strongly that I needed to spend my personal study time studying Chapter 5 of Preach My Gospel. It is all about the Book of Mormon. As we were preparing for the lesson in companionship study, we both felt strongly that we should indirectly teach him about Jesus Christ by teaching him about Joseph Smith, the Restoration, and the Book of Mormon. The lesson was amazing. We both felt the spirit directing our thoughts. We asked him to read the last two paragraphs of the Book of Mormon introduction. You could see this touched him. Something about him changed. We promised him that if he would read the Book of Mormon and pray with faith; he would feel peace and he would receive an answer. He committed to pray and read. I sure hope he does. I feel so much love for the people I am teaching even though they are just teachers acting like investigators from their mission. The spirit is real. It truly does touch the hearts of those we teach. I have been directed by the Holy Ghost as I have taught. It is an amazing feeling. As I bore my testimony to Ирэк in Russian, I began to tear up. It was very powerful to hear the Lord working through me and allowing me to speak this beautiful language. The language is challenging, but by golly; it is worth it. We later talked to our teacher about our lesson. He said he was very pleased by our work, and he said he could tell we were following the Spirit. He told us to keep it up. He also told us he could see us applying the different cases (this is what makes Russian so challenging). He said he was very proud of our language :). By golly, that felt good.  It is very humbling to know that I could not do all that I am doing without the strength of my Savior. He is my strength. He is my foundation and my rock. I am working to be more like him in all that I do and say. I am working to turn "outward" like Christ does by being more patient, more compassionate, and more loving towards others. If you haven't seen "Characteristics of Christ" WATCH IT. It is incredible.
I am blessed to feel so much love from my family. Thank you all for your letters and notes. You are seriously the best family anyone could ask for. I love you and look forward to hearing from you this week! Ethan keep up the card tricks! Jared, make that arm heal faster! Shelby, write me! Cole, keep that cute and cuddly smile! Shawn, remember that I love you and I am praying for you! Keep being as loving and caring as you are. Shea- write me and thanks for all that you do. you are in my prayers. Kyle- i love you and miss hanging out with you! write me! Mom and dad- you are the best. THANK YOU for teaching me to be the best I can be!

I LOVE YOU ALL! 


Sister Walker and I at the temple! It was a super chilly and rainy day!
    Sister Jolley, Sister Walker, and I during temple walk! There are so many missionaries everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment