Tuesday, March 12, 2013

MTC Week 3!!!

Hello Family!
      This week has been a journey. I have had my ups and my downs. We just got back from the temple. Wow, the temple is an incredible place. Each week, I feel weighed down and exhausted, but without doubt each time after the temple; I feel renewed and regenerated. There is a peace that I feel there that I cannot receive anywhere else. I always receive the energy I need to push through another week. I know that the strength I am receiving is from my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that there is no way I could do all that I do each day and learn what I have learned in the past two weeks without the help and strength of my Savior. My Russian is slowly but surely coming along. The language is challenging, BUT I know that they Lord will help fill in the gaps. He will help me learn what I need to learn in order to teach those that are ready to hear the Gospel. There is no doubt in my mind that the Lord's hand is in this work. There is no doubt in my mind that He has given me peace when the days have been hard. He has given me strength though the days have been long. I just need to continue to remind myself of my purpose as a missionary. My purpose is to bring others unto Christ. What a wonderful calling.
        So I love my district. We have some amazing Elders. They all have powerful testimonies of our Savior. A bunch of them are 18 years old so I often refer to myself as Grandmother Willow from Pocahontas I am older than EVERYONE in my district, but that is okay! We are all learning and growing together. There are 3 sisters and 8 elders in our district. We are District 10-F. Each day, we open with a hymn. I love singing in Russian..even though I sometimes struggle through, but the Spirit is ALWAYS so incredible.
      Class has become more fun and exciting as we study about our purpose as missionaries rather than just studying Russian. We study for 6 to 9 hours a day, depending on the day. By the end of the night, my brain is like mash potatoes. haha
       This week we continued to teach our investigator (who turned out to be our teacher. He acts as one of his investigators). His name is Paulvo. We had prepared to teach him about the Restoration, but when we went in to teach him, he said he had followed what we had asked him to do. He had stayed up all night reading the book of Mormon I felt the need to ask him if he has any questions and OF COURSE, he did. He showed us a verse about Baptism and Repentance. He asked what each of these meant. We struggled to find the words in Russian but our lesson was definitely led by the Spirit. He somehow understood our explanations in Russian and asked when and if he could be baptized. He told us that he felt what we were sharing with him was true. My jaw about dropped to the ground. haha. We set a date. At the end of the lesson, i felt prompted to ask if we could kneel and pray. We did. The spirit was so strong. I am thankful for the blessing we have to teach. I have felt so much joy sharing the gospel and sharing my testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ and his atonement. Wow, we are so blessed to have the knowledge that we have. I am grateful to be raised in such an incredible family with such amazing parents.
        I had so many wonderful experiences like that this week. Unfortunately I had a bad migraine and had to lay down for most of the day on Saturday and Sunday, but I received a blessing. I am thankful for the priesthood.
      I love you guys! Thanks for all of your support. I receive so much strength from you. 



Our Czar flag! We all signed it!

Ryan's sweater! It is SO warm. This is me at 10pm. EXHAUSTED and about ready to pass out.
SNOW! It ALWAYS snows here!
My TALL district :)

No comments:

Post a Comment