Thursday, May 23, 2013

Week SIX in Russia!!!

HELLO :)Well if you think you have ever had language troubles try asking a man for directions, but instead telling him to take you home to be his concubine. Yeah..that totally happened to me. Luckily, he was semi-moral man! For some reason we have acquired many stalkers. They love American girls. They feel that we are exotic. We have been asked on SO many dates, and we always have to tell them that we have boyfriends AND that we are here as Missionaries! I think it is hilarious how persistent they are to get us to go out with them! One guy called us over 10 times in one day. It's crazy! We are nothing too special, but they sure do like Americans.
        I had a tough yet wonderful week. We had an investigator that decided he didn't have the desire to read the Book of Mormon and learn anymore about our church. He said he enjoyed our friendship, but he just wasn't interested in learning more. My heart literally shattered. The missionaries have been teaching him for 4 months, and we have taught them since I got here. I have grown to really love his family, and it was hard hearing that. At dinner, Sister Young said, " I feel like I was just broken up with..don't you?" I kind of sat there in silence. I am so thankful for Ryan never breaking up with me! I told her, "I've been hurt and have broken hearts before, but I've never experienced pain like this.. Ryan always told me, 'I will never break up with you because I know I am suppose to be with you'." Thanks for shielding my heart, Ry! I just wish I would have been as wise as you always! Sorry :). I am sure I will experience many heartbreaks or "break ups", but I am thankful for the support of my family, my friends, Ry, and my Father in Heaven.
      When we are diligent, we see the fruits of our labor. I sure saw that this week. I was feeling really sick. I tried to push through, but sometimes I couldn't. I believe Heavenly Father saw our desire to deserve him. Last week, I had the blessing of asking one of our investigators to be baptized.Her name is Tatiana. We have been teaching her for about a month and a half. She has been praying to know what she needs to do. She knows the Book of Mormon is true and she knows Joseph Smith was a prophet. She just feels she needs to pray about it more! I know she will receive an answer. She is a wonderful women. She says she continually feels pulled to our church, but she wants to make sure she does the right thing. I know she is getting closer and closer to receiving her clear answer. We had a wonderful lesson with Tatiana on Saturday. We talked about the Plan of Salvation. We promised her that if she came to church she would feel a confirmation that this plan is true. She said she wasn't going to be able to come because Sunday is a big Russian Orthodox holiday. So I thought nothing of her coming, but kept praying she would. I heard our named being called, and I turned around to see Tatiana standing in OUR church. I almost cried. I gave her the biggest hug. All Sunday, the focus was the plan of salvation. She loved it! Tatiana coming to church was wonderful blessing! I know she received answers and felt God's love! She told us she could stay for only one hour, but each hour she was drawn to staying longer and longer. She ended up staying the whole time, receiving a blessing for her foot, and bearing her testimony in Relief Society. She says she knows our church is true, I just know she is having a hard time leaving her church behind.

I love this work. The language is hard, but I love Russia! I love being a missionary! I am so grateful for your love :)

LOVE YOU,
dev

No comments:

Post a Comment