Thursday, May 9, 2013

Week 12!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, what a week. That is pretty much all I can say. Russia is a challenging mission. Baptisms are possible, but they are rare. It is often said for the Russia mission that you need to find the people who are ready to hear the Gospel out of the holes in the rocks (Jeremiah 16:16). I have found that this is extremely true. We are all sons and daughter of our Heavenly Father, but not everyone is ready to hear about this gospel. Finding is hard, you have to search through a lot of coal and experience a lot of pain to find the diamonds. I am really starting to feel and experience this. My lows are very low, but my highs are higher than I have ever imagined. I am constantly exhausted, but yet I am always happy. (Well for the most part!) I get frustrated with myself because I feel so much love for the people in our ward and in Russia, but I can never say that to them in Russian. I often have to do it by my body language. I can't speak well nor can I understand well, but I love them so incredibly much. All I want to do is help them.


Since I can't understand everything, I really have to focus on the Spirit and what it is guiding me to say and do. I had a wonderful experience with on of our investigators named Katya. She has been having a hard time with life. Satan has really been working on her. Earlier that day at dinner I was feeling kind of down, so I opened one of Ryan's letters that I received at the MTC. In the letter, he shared a scripture, 3rd Nephi 13:33-34. It talks about seeking God first and all things will be taken care of. As we were leaving the house to go to Katya's home, I felt a strong need to bring the letter. As we were teaching, I knew why I needed to bring that letter. I shared with her the scriptures and bore testimony to her. She told us, " It is not by chance that you shared that scripture with me. I really needed it". The Holy Ghost is incredible. Miracles like this have happened all week. We have received so many blessings. Our goal as a district was to find 5 new investigators between all of us--this week Sister Young and I found 5 JUST in our companionship. The Lord's work is hastening. I hope to see one of our investigators enter the gate to repentance and baptism. I know the Lord will help us. I love this work. I am grateful to be here.


I LOVE YOU ALL.
daddy, i loved the talks you sent. They both made me cry. thank you for sending them and typing them up.


This week I received a blessing. It was incredible. I was told that long ago, I was given the strength and the talents that I would need here. All that I am learning while I am here is a special gift and will be something that I will need in my future.I am grateful for this "special gift" to be here. I love it.


Love always,
D
Cectpa Makapt! (Sister McCartt)



Last Days in the MTC









Last day at the MTC


Last day at the MTC


Russia!!!


The weather is SO fickle. One day it is HOT HOT HOT and the next day it is COLD. I love it though haha


Last night at the MTC!







No comments:

Post a Comment